We are the Northern Arizona Loggers Association (NALA).
Mission: To enhance the logging profession, provide a unified voice on logging issues; and cooperate with public, industrial and private timberland owners to further sustainable forestry practices.
Goals: Northern Arizona Loggers Association is committed to enhancing the logging profession, establishing a more level playing field for professional loggers and providing accurate information about the logging profession to the forest products companies, landowners and the public. NALA serves as a network and communication center, linking local, state and regional organizations around the country to contractors in Arizona.
Code of Practice: As a professional logging contractor I will strive to operate in such a way as to engender the public’s trust including meeting or exceeding the standards and principles listed below: Promote ethical conduct for all loggers.
- Strive to always meet standards for harvesting practices, which are consistent with the principles of sustainable forestry.
- To operate responsibly in all phases of the harvesting operation, from the actual harvesting activities to clean-up requirements following harvest.
- Recognizing private landowner rights, I will strive to meet the landowners objectives as long as they are consistent with sustainable forestry principles, federal, state and local laws.
- I will do all I can to educate and inform landowners about the need to meet sustainable forestry principles.
- I will participate in such training and educational programs that will provide my recognition as having met the appropriate requirements for logger education and training as envisioned by sustainable forestry principles.
- Comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulation, industry standards and guidelines applicable to the conduct of forest harvest operations.
- Conduct harvest operations in a safe manner and in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health regulations including safety planning and all provisions of such requirements.
- To operate my company as a responsible member of the business community including compliance with all requirements and practices as they relate to my employees, vendors and others I do business with.
- Continually strive to maintain positive relationships with landowners, procurement and mill personnel and the public in general.
- Do my part to assure that my industry has a positive image and to work with peer groups, loggers associations and others to strive to bring all loggers up to these standards.
- Take an active role in local, state and national logger’s organizations.
- Strive to continually improve my operations through training, innovation, employee programs and other appropriate means.
- Act responsibly to uphold the integrity of the logging profession